Summary of 'Fortran Friends' Products
This page lists our utilities, libraries and applications software.
Also we have some paper models you can
download to print, cut out and glue together and A4 pages for printing,
see Simple Method Diagrams and
All our software runs on any computer with RISCOS 3, 4 or 5
including the StrongARM, Iyonix and ARMX6 platforms.
The programs also run on PCs by using the 'Virtual Acorn' package (Details
from the website
http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk) under Microsoft Windows 98 or later.
The PC must have at least:
- a 300MHz Pentium/Celeron processor
- 32MB RAM
- 400Mb Hard Disk Space
- a Direct X compatible graphics card.
All of these products are now free.
Complete versions of the software can be downloaded fron
- fast printing utility for Hewlett Packard printers -
- interactive exploration of polyhedra -
!PolyDraw - now superceeded by !PolySymm (below)
- interactive creation of planar nets for polyhedra -
- interactive investigation of the symmetries of polyhedra -
- Extra data discs
for !PolyDraw or !PolyNet (available only from Fortran Friends)
- making stellations of the uniform polyhedra -
Fortran programming utilities:
- Fortran Front End programming utility
allows easy compilation linking and execution from the Desk Top
- libraries (free) allowing Fortran programmers
to call RISCOS system functions from their Fortran source.
Scientific utility library
- PGplot is a portable high level
graphics library for Fortran.
N.B. These are useable only with the old 26-bit Acorn compiler.
Complete molecular display applications
(written in Fortran)
- ORTEP III. Ortep is the Oak
Ridge Thermal Ellipsoid Plotting program
- STRUPLO plots molecules as polyhedra
and outline spheres.
Educational Bell ringing applications:
(Any donations go towards church bell restoration)
- !CallChnge (Careware £5) for
learning Call Changes
- !Methods (Careware £10)
for learning standard ringing methods
Articles, Reviews and demos published elsewhere
Updates to the polyhedra programs
We no longer produce these because all the software is now free
- simply download the new version you need.
Page last updated 27 February 2016
Click here to return to Fortran Friends Top page